Our Customers Love Us!

Commercial Building Insurance

Get a Quote.

Choose from our range of insurances below

HomeBusiness InsuranceCommercial Building InsuranceCollege Insurance

College Insurance

Throughout the United Kingdom, there are a number of schools and colleges that are independently owned and are thus responsible to make their own insurance arrangements. Whilst many of the smaller colleges will rent their premises (often contained within office blocks or other commercial premises), many of the larger organizations will own their own buildings on which they will need to effect at least commercial building insurance.

A college insurance policy will usually come with a number of different sections. Some of these will be compulsory; others, the college will be able to pick and choose to suit their needs.

A wide range of perils can be covered under a college building insurance policy, including, fires, storms, floods, burst pipes, subsidence and of course property owners liability insurance. For rating purposes, the college address and postcode will be required as will details of the rebuilding costs. Often, a college will consist of a complex of different buildings, it’s quite typical for the main building of the college to be of standard construction, but some of the outbuildings, may be timber or of pre fabricated construction. If this is the case, it’s important that the insurers are made fully aware of the situation to ensure that fill cover is provided.

As well as the college buildings, most establishments will have a wide range of equipment and may be even hold some stock that will need to be insured. The college contents will include desks & chairs and any fixtures and fittings. As well as contents most policy wordings are able to be extended to include Business Interruption cover, which in it’s simplest form, will provide a sum insured for alternative accommodation, if the college buildings are unusable following a serious event such as a fire or flood. Of course Public & Employers Liability can also be included and it is usual, for this to form part of the core wording.

Latest News & Advice

Commercial Building Insurance for Listed Buildings

Commercial Building Insurance for Listed Buildings

At Assetsure, we offer insurance quotes for commercial buildings. However if the commercial building you require insurance for has a listed status, we would review each risk on a case-by-case basis. Generally speaking we have more success in obtaining insurance quotes for Grade2 listed commercial buildings than Grade 1....

Church Insurance

Church Insurance

We will endeavour to obtain insurance for your church or place of worship. We will endeavour to obtain quotations for all denominations. Regardless of whether your building is a; church, abbey, cathedral, mosques, priory, shrine, synagogue or temple, it will often involve a style of architecture or may have building materials within it’s construction that may prove expensive to repair or replace...

Vacant Property Insurance

Vacant Property Insurance

Local authorities pay close attention to vacant commercial properties and most require the landlord to keep the premises in a safe secure condition. Property that has become vacant & broken down or dilapidated often becomes a focus point for anti-social behaviour and thus the premises needs to be kept sealed to prevent access being gained. Once security at a vacant building has been breached, fire can become a major issue , especially if the property contains combustible materials. It is that essential that you obtain vacant property insurance to protect your building....

Why choose our specialist insurance cover?


Lloyd's of London coverholders icon-thin-chevron-down

We hold prestigious Lloyd’s of London cover holder status where most of our policies are underwritten. We also place business with major UK insurers


UK based advisors icon-thin-chevron-down

All of our staff are based in the United Kingdom and we are open 7 days a week including until 8pm weekdays. We are here to assist you with your insurance needs.

Artboard 2 copy 19

Most property types covered icon-thin-chevron-down

A wide range of Commercial Buildings catered for. Cover available for Landlords or Owner Occupied

I want to insure...Hide X

    Get a Quote