Filter by insurance type

    Your Questions Answered

    What if I’m not happy with my policy? icon-thin-chevron-down

    You are entitled to cancel your insurance within 30 days* of either the date you receive your policy of insurance or the start of the period of Insurance, whichever is the later, and receive a full premium refund. If you cancel after this date, we will refund any premium paid for the remaining period of Insurance providing that you have not made a claim during the current period of Insurance.
    * Some of our policies have a 14 day rather than 30 day cooling off period

    Do you insure professional cyclists? icon-thin-chevron-down

    No, we see ourselves as an insurer of “Keen amateurs”riding for pleasure. We do however offer an extension for persons wanting to take part in competitions providing of course they are not taking part as a professional rider.

    Can I insure more than 1 cycle? icon-thin-chevron-down

    Yes, online we can insure up to 5 cycles, we will consider more but you will need to call our office on 0208 0033 190.

    What’s the maximum value of cycle you will accept? icon-thin-chevron-down

    Online we can insure a cycle of up to £12,500 depending on your circumstances and up to £15,000 for a combination of cycles. We will consider higher amounts but you will have to call our office on 0208 0033 190 to discuss

    Yes, cover is provided up to £100,000 but please be aware, the insurers will want to appoint a legal advisor of their choice and there must be a reasonable prospect of success.

    Can I use my cycle abroad? icon-thin-chevron-down

    Yes you can purchase the European extension and use your cycle in the European Union for up to 45 days in any one period of insurance. For the purpose of our insurance we also include Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Monaco, Madeira, Gibraltar and Andorra.

    If you want us to consider a longer period or you intend to travel further afield, give us a call on 0208 0033 190 and we’ll see what we can do.

    Do I have to provide you with my cycle serial number? icon-thin-chevron-down

    No, although we think it is a good idea if you do so.

    You should be aware that if you need to make a claim, we will require you to provide us with documentation or other evidence which clearly demonstrates ownership of the property and helps substantiate your claim, for example: original purchase receipts, bank or credit card statements, instruction booklets, photographs, the remains of the Approved Lock and/or the keys.

    We will only ask for information relevant to your claim and we will pay for any reasonable expenses you incur in providing us with this information.

    Can I use my cycle for business purposes ? icon-thin-chevron-down

    No - We cannot cover cycles used for any trade or business purposes.

    How much should I insure my cycle for? icon-thin-chevron-down

    It is very important to make sure your sum insured is accurate to ensure that we are able to replace your cycle. When new models are released, they often increase in price and thus you should check your sum insured annually to make sure they are adequate.

    If you are in any doubt as to the new replacement cost, please consult your cycle dealer.

    You should insure your cycle/components for their replacement cost as new, ignoring any discount you may have received as a "special offer" from the retailer or place of purchase.

    Please read the following on how we will settle cycle claims.

    We will repair, replace or pay for any lost or damaged Cycle, Accessories, and Helmets & Clothing on the following basis:

    1. for any standard Cycle, Accessories, Helmets & Clothing the cost of repair or replacement as new;

    2. for any discontinued Cycle, Accessories, Helmets & Clothing, the cost of repair or replacement with item(s) of a similar type or equivalent specification;

    3. for any hybrid or composite Cycle, Accessories, Helmets & Clothing, where the parts have been individually purchased, we will pay the replacement cost of the individual components;

    4. where We can repair or replace an item but You request and We agree to a cash settlement, We will only pay what it would cost Us to repair or replace the item through Our preferred suppliers; but in no event will We pay more than the Sums Insured shown in the Schedule or as limited below

    Under Insurance

    Please note If, at the time of theft or damage, the amount Insured is less than 85% of the value of the Cycle, Accessories, Helmets & Clothing shown in the Schedule amount We pay will be reduced in the same proportion as the under insurance.

    How to make a complaint icon-thin-chevron-down

    We wish to provide all our customers with an excellent service but if you are unhappy in any way, details of how to make a complaint are contained within your summary of cover/ terms of business agreement and policy document. We sell policies that are arranged by both insurance companies and at Lloyd’s of London. There are different complaint procedures for insurers and Lloyd’s of London

    If you are unsure of how to make a complaint, please contact us on

    E-Mail: complaints@assetsure.com

    Telephone: 0207 305 5601

    If your policy has been arranged at Lloyd’s of London and you remain dissatisfied with the response you receive from us, you may if you wish, refer your complaint to Lloyd’s. Lloyd’s will investigate the matter and provide a final response. Lloyd’s contact details are as follows:

    Complaints Lloyd’s One Lime Street London EC3M 7HA

    Email: complaints@lloyds.com Telephone: +44 (0)20 7327 5693

    Fax: +44 (0)20 7327 5225

    Website: www.lloyds.com/complaints

    Ultimately, should you remain dissatisfied with Lloyd’s final response, you may, if eligible, refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The Financial Ombudsman Service is an independent service in the UK for settling disputes between consumers and businesses providing financial services.

    The FOS’s contact details are as follows: Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower London E14 9SR

    Email: complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

    Telephone: +44 (0)300 123 9 123

    Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

    European Online Dispute Resolution Service

    We do recommend following the complaints procedure as outlined in your official documentation but If you have purchased any products from us online, or by other electronic means and within the European Union (EU) you may refer your complaint to the EU Online dispute Resolution (ODR) platform. Upon receipt of your complaint the ODR will escalate your complaint to your local dispute resolution service – this process is free and conducted entirely online.

    EU on-line dispute resolution service. http://ec.europa.eu/odr.

    How will you settle my claim? icon-thin-chevron-down

    The most we will pay in total for each incident of loss is the amount insured which you choose when you take your policy out.

    How much should i insure my collection for? icon-thin-chevron-down

    You should insure you collection for the current market value

    Who will I be insured by ? icon-thin-chevron-down

    The Assetsure Collectables Insurance policy is underwritten at Lloyd’s of London

    When will I receive my policy? icon-thin-chevron-down

    Your policy will be delivered instantly by e-mail. Cover will start from the date you request.

    How long does it take to arrange insurance? icon-thin-chevron-down

    In most cases, we can provide cover the same day that you request it and you can buy the insurance online immediately. In cases where we cannot quote online, we endeavour to provide you with a quotation within 24 hours during the week. If you would rather discuss your arrangements over the telephone, please call us, we'd be pleased to speak to you.

    What sort of Collectable items will you cover? icon-thin-chevron-down

    We will consider almost any type of collection including Antiques, Coins,

    Medals, Millitaria, Objects d’art, Pictures, Paintings, Prints, Records, Stamps, Toys and Wine. Please call us if you wish to discuss .

    Are there any Age restrictions? icon-thin-chevron-down

    Our collectables policy is open to persons resident in the United Kingdom who are over the age or 21

    Can I see a copy of the policy wording and summary of cover? icon-thin-chevron-down

    Yes these are readily available on this site. When you buy a policy, your documents will be e-mailed to your immediately. We will also supply duplicates free of charge at any time.

    Can I pay monthly? icon-thin-chevron-down

    Assetsure Wedding insurance must be paid for in full at the time cover is taken out.

    Can I upgrade my cover? icon-thin-chevron-down

    Yes you can, if as your wedding plans develop you need to increase the limits of cover or add an extension, we are happy to do this, we will simply charge you the difference between the levels of cover and a small administration fee.

    How do I make a claim? icon-thin-chevron-down

    Please read your policy document carefully, certain claims or notifications of potential claims need to be made within certain time limits. All the numbers you need are in your policy booklet and all calls are dealt with in the United Kingdom.

    Is my Honeymoon Insured? icon-thin-chevron-down

    No- We do not cover honeymoons, we suggest that you purchase separate travel insurance to cover your honeymoon.

    Must I be a United Kingdom resident to take out a policy? icon-thin-chevron-down

    Yes - the person purchasing a policy must be resident in the United Kingdom. Policies can be purchased by either the bride or groom or civil partners or a relative arranging cover on their behalf (such as a parent or guardian or a person with a significant financial interest in arranging the wedding) We also require that at least one of the prospective marriage or civil partners lives in the United Kingdom.

    Who can be covered under this policy? icon-thin-chevron-down

    Normally our policies are taken out by the bride or groom or civil partners but if a parent or guardian is arranging or paying for the wedding, often they want the policy to be issued in their names. We can also cover persons that make a significant financial contribution to the wedding arrangements are will happily insure joint interests. Just ask us at the time you buy your cover.

    What if we decided not be get married icon-thin-chevron-down

    This is an event we cannot cover you for, if you simply change your mind, there is no cover under the policy and if it is after the 30 day cooling off period, we are also unable to return the premium to you.

    I want to insure...Hide X

      Get a Quote