Main Menu

HomeLeisure InsuranceCamera Insurance

Make sure your item is covered the right way...

Camera Insurance,-Whether you are a professional photographer or keen amateur, we have a policy that will cover your camera and equipment. We will cover most type of camera equipment including accessories such as: lenses, filters, tripods, bags and dark room apparatus. We will also cover cameras that have been purchased as a “Collectable” item

Camera Insurance - Why insure your camera?

Cameras are expensive delicate pieces of equipment and because of their portability are easily lost or stolen. Whether away from the home or in the home, cameras are susceptible to being stolen, dropped, or damaged by liquids.


Insurance cover especially designed for Camera’s

At Assetsure, our insurance has been specially designed to cover cameras on a stand-alone basis. Unlike many insurers, we are quite happy to provide insurance for single items. We won’t insist you insure the rest of your home contents with us. Our insurance is ideal if you are in a situation where you only want to cover a small number of valuable items. Often a valuable camera will fall outside the monetary limits of a standard home insurance policy.


Some of the features of our policy are as follows:

Worldwide “All Risks” Insurance

We provide physical loss or damage for your camera and equipment on a worldwide basis. ( Maximum 60 days any one trip)

Hire of replacement equipment

Following a claim for loss of damage to your insured camera.

Specified Items

We will provide you with a schedule of insurance specifying your camera. If you have other valuable items, you be able to cover these as well.

No bonus to lose

By insuring your camera separately with us, you can help protect any valuable no clams bonus earned under your home insurance policy.

A variety of payment options

We accept all major credit and debit cards and monthly direct debit installments

Money back guarantee

So confident are we in our policy, we will even give you a full 30 days to review our policy wording and change your mind if you are not satisfied.

Cover arranged at Lloyd’s of London

Your policy will be underwritten at Lloyd’s of London, the worlds oldest continuous insurance market

If you require a quotation for camera insurance please either complete our online form or call our office.

If you are interested in digital photography, try visiting

Dealing with Assetsure couldn’t be simpler and your Camera can be covered quickly and efficiently by making one quick call or completing our web enquiry form. If you have any questions or simply require some advice, we will also be pleased to hear from you.

We've got you covered...

Accidental Loss

We’ve got you covered if you lose your Camera
Find out more

Accidental Loss

Full cover against the Accidental Loss of your camera

We will insure your camera and equipment as described in the policy schedule against physical loss up to your chosen sum insured

You can choose to insure any of the following: Photographic, Video,Sound Recording Equipment, Accessories, Adapters, Battery Chargers, Cameras, Gadget Bags, Lens, Sound Recording Equipment, Wireless remote controllers and Wireless
Transmitters belonging to you

We cover both amateurs and professionals

Unattended Vehicle Cover

Unfortunately items get stolen, we make sure you are covered if the worse happens.
Find out more

Unattended Vehicle Cover

Cover if your camera and equipment is stolen from a vehicle

Sometimes it is necessary to leave your camera equipment in an unattended vehicle and we provide cover up to £5000 in total

We expect you to take reasonable precautions to guard against theft such as items must be placed out of sight in a locked boot or concealed under a parcel shelf and we are unable to provide cover for soft-top or convertibles

Full details of our unattended vehicle theft cover can be found in our policy document available on this website.

Accidental Damage

Accidents happen, we ensure that your item can be repaired or replaced.
Find out more

Accidental Damage

Damage and Breakage cover for Cameras and Equipment

Cameras and other precision equipment are easily susceptible to damage if dropped or knocked and aside from cosmetic damage which is expected, an accident may render the equipment unable to be operated correctly

Our policy includes cover repairs or replacement if repairs are not possible, subject to the standard policy excess of £50.00 or £200.00 if the camera is used for professional use.

Equipment Hire

We know that you need the right gear so replacement equipment hire is included in our cover
Find out more

Equipment Hire

We provide hire equipment whilst your is being repaired or replaced

Nothing is worse than having your camera equipment damaged or stolen just before you are about to embark on holiday or are off on an assignment

Our policy will provide up to 15% of your total sum insured in respect of camera hire subject to a maximum of £250.00.


Unfortunately items get stolen, we make sure you are covered if the worse happens.
Find out more


Cover for Theft of your camera and equipment

We provide you with cover for Theft. This can be either from your personally when out an about out using your equipment or from your home or a place where you are temporally staying such as holiday accommodation.

We will replace your camera and its equipment following a Theft up to your chosen sum insured

Find out what makes our cover different...

Why we stand out...

We provide insurance for your Camera and Camera Equipment. Cover is arranged on an “All-Risks” basis which includes “Accidental Damage, Theft and Loss. We also include - Hire of Replacement Equipment. Policies are underwritten at Lloyd’s of London

Premium protection promise

Premium protection promise

We value our customers. Your premium will not be loaded next year if you make one claim under £500. We reward loyalty and will guarantee if you find a cheaper renewal quote we will match it.

In-house claims service

In-house claims service

Our sales office is open 7 days a week making it easier to report your claim. We are a dedicated, friendly and efficient team who's sole aim is make your claim experience hassle free and easy

30 day money back guarantee

30 day money back guarantee

We are so confident in our product that we will give you 30 days to change your mind for a full refund, rather than the generic 14 days given by most. Even if after the 30 days is up, if you decide our policy is not for you, we will refund you all of the insurance you haven't used.

Treating you fairly...

We will not charge you any additional admin fees to make amendments to your policy or to cancel. We won't use enticing introductory offers to draw you in as we believe the price should be good from the start.

We are so confident in our product that we will give you 30 days to change your mind for a full refund, rather than the generic 14 days given by most. Even if after the 30 days is up, if you decide our policy is not for you, we will refund you all of the insurance you haven't used.

Start here. Get a quote for your first item now…


It's important to insure your camera for the correct amount


Please select the owner's current age

See what customers are saying about our cover...

Your Questions Answered

Is there any excess to pay following a claim? icon-thin-chevron-down

Yes we have a small excess per claim of £50 for amateur photographers and £200 for professionals

How much should I insure my Camera for? icon-thin-chevron-down

You should insure for the usual new undiscounted replacement cost ( including VAT ) from a reputable United Kingdom dealer as at the commencement date of the Period of insurance

Am I covered for replacement Equipment? icon-thin-chevron-down

We insure You (up to the amount specified in the Policy Schedule (subject to a maximum hiring cost) for the hiring of replacement photographic equipment of the same or similar specification whilst Your photographic equipment is awaiting repair or replacement following a fire, theft, attempted theft, or Loss or Damage.

The maximum We will pay is 15% of Your sum insured subject to a £250.00 maximum

Am I covered if I leave my equipment in the car? icon-thin-chevron-down

Yes you are covered subject to the following conditions

1. There must be evidence of forcible and violent entryto the vehicle.

2. Excluding theft from soft top and convertible vehicles

3. Excluding theft from a vehicle when it has been unattended for more than 12 hours.

4. When in a vehicle any insured items must be placed out of sight in a locked boot or concealed under a parcel shelf. For estate cars containing insured items, a factory fitted cover must be in place and in use, which completely obscures the items from view.

5. Vehicles when left unattended must have all points of access including doors, windows and windscreens left closed and properly fastened; and they must be securely locked with keys removed and security devices (where installed) operational.

6. If the value of the insured item(s) left in the unattended vehicle exceeds £1000 the vehicle must be fitted with an alarm and an immobiliser and both must be activated at all times when the vehicle is left unattended.

7. Maximum Claim in respect of theft from unattended vehicles £5000 any one event.